First the cake. I got the idea from makeit-loveit.com in their "make a cake series" and it was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. However, without Lori's help it definitely wouldn't have happened. She did a lot of the work because my finger was still letting out fluids occasionally and I didn't want to risk it.
It turned out great and tasted really good too! I'll for sure make more of these!
Next was the Happy Birthday and Bon Voyage banners. I saw one on a friend from Tucson's blog. Her's was super cute so I thought I'd try it out too. I originally wanted to do it a little differently but I limited myself to what was in my mom's sewing room and this is what I came up with. I really like them. It took forever because I hand drew the letters, then traced them onto the fabric, then had to cut them out. But other than that, it really didn't take that long.
I wish I had a few more pictures of the banners but we did a surprise party and there wasn't too much time to decorate before she got there, and I forgot about it later.
Anj, maybe we should hang it up at your house this week and take more :]
No comments:
Post a Comment