Saturday, March 13, 2010

Study Break

The other day I took a break from studying when my brain was about to explode all the new information. I saw these cupcakes on this blog and wanted to make them. I decided that this would be perfect for my short break. However, I didn't know that the whole process was going to take me about 3 hours! I used the recipe on the website with the sour cream and it was delicious! I'm always going to use that one from now on! Anyway, here's how they turned out.














So, I decided that the reason that it took me so long is because I was trying to be the perfectionist that the blogger who made them is. She said to use exactly two teaspoons of each colored batter. She also said to dip your finger in water before you spread out the batter so it doesn't stick to you. Well, that lasted me about a half a cupcake. It was easier to just get the batter on my finger, instead of trying to have water on my finger but not drip it into the batter. I learned some things that I'll do next time for sure:


I'll guess about how much needs to be in there (I did that on the second batch and it worked fine).


Instead of putting the purple in the cup, spreading it out, and then moving to the next cup and spreading it out. I'll scoop the purple into all of the cups, and then spread all of it out. I also did that on the second batch. I love assembly lines.


And after I was finished, I was talking to Janice and she suggested putting the batter into Ziploc baggies, cutting the corner off, and putting it in like that. (genius!) That totally would have gone so much faster!


I'll probably make them again soon, since Anjuli was not with me and missed out. And I'll have plenty of time now that it's SPRING BREAK! yay!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

They look amazing! I want to make them too!

Megan said...

Me too! Can I have the recipe please!?

Janice.Kasal said...

I'm Making these today! My Kids need something to make them forget we had to skip church since they are both still sick.

Katie and Ferenc said...

use the recipe on the link i posted. it's delicious! click the word "this"!

Paige said...

I totally wanna do this!!

Brian and Catherine said...

i love it!! i want some :)