Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Homemade Noodles!

Over break my mom taught us how to make her famous homemade noodles! We decided to use the ostrich egg with it!


Serena told me to pose!

Breaking it open!





The membrane inside. You clean out the shell and debris before popping the membrane open to get to the egg part.



Serena took over.




Breaking up the yolk so it will fit out of the hole.


Taking out the fork.



pouring it out.







The whole thing.

Serena mixing.


Kneading it.


Rolling it out.


Rolling it up.


cutting them up.



Lori cutting and Me tossing.


The rolled up noodles.



more tossing.






the whole giant pot!



Serena stirring!


And this is my favorite uncle who came to eat with us! he's 81!

Ps. We were a little picture happy because Ferenc let us buy a new camera. It's a nikon d3000 and I love it already.

2 comments:

Paige said...

haha I like all the pictures. and that looks pretty cool! Now I wanna make my own noodles too

Lydia said...

Congrats on getting a new camera! And those noodles look amazing.