In other news, we're thinking about breaking our apartment lease and moving. We only have to pay two months rent up front. Which isn't really that much considering how our rent is less than $400. We're tired of all the noise, crime, and drug smelling, haha. About a week after my car was broken into, my neighbor's truck was stolen. My neighbor's ended up breaking their lease because the girl got followed home a couple times. So, Ferenc and I decided that we were going to give it one more strike and then we were leaving.
I don't know why, but in the mornings, or when it's cold, or rainy, there is all this condensation on the inside of our window. It still happens every morning. Anyway, a few days ago I noticed that there was mold growing all around the window sill. Gross! Our lease has a special page that says the landlord is not responsible for any mold issue, so we can't get out for free, but I think we're still leaving.
The only catch is that Ferenc has to pick up a part-time job. He's been wanting to do this for a while, but hasn't really had the motivation. With our rent so cheap, all our bills are covered with the GI bill stipend we receive every month and his paycheck for drill. Since we're looking in a little bit nicer areas (nicer for tucson that is), we'll have to pay more rent. So one of us will need a job. Considering how I'm taking 21 credits and my internship gives me enough hours for a part-time job, it has to be Ferenc. So as long as Ferenc picks up a job in the next couple weeks, we're giving our 30-day notice and heading out of here. And I am stoked about it.
2 comments:
Those truffles look amazing! I want one!! You are such a baker! I love it!
Jacquie's mom taught me to make Oreo truffles and they are the hit of every party! We can exchange recipes and then we'll be so amazing people won't even know what to do! :]
Post a Comment