Monday, March 5, 2012

Quick Update!

We've gone through quite a few changes since graduation! First off, we moved to Gilbert on January 20th! This wasn't actually decided until the beginning until January so it was a pretty quick move, but we're so glad we did. We thought it would be best because there are some pretty serious "rumors" that Ferenc will be doing something with the military. I'm technically not allowed to say what/where he will be doing/going, but it would be something where he would not be at home for a long period of time. So, we moved into a house with one of my besties from high school (shout out to Ashley!) to eliminate the chance of me living alone in a few months. It's going perfectly!

I also got a new job! I'm working as a behavior coach at a local non-profit agency. I work with kids that are in danger of being removed from their homes. CPS and other collaborators have worked out a plan to improve certain behaviors over time so the child does not have to be removed, and I go in and work with the children on those behaviors. Right now I don't have my own clients, but I'm shadowing a behavior coach and we're working with a 17 year old poly-substance abuser, a 10 year old moderately autistic boy with serious anger issues, and a 10 year old suicidal, bipolar boy. Call me crazy, but I love it and I cannot wait to get my own clients. 

We miss living near my parents, but we are (well mostly I am) enjoying living close to all my girl friends and my sister. Such a fun time! 

And hopefully I'll have some posts a little more often now! (no promises though!)

No comments: