I rushed out to my car at exactly the right time to get to my internship's training class this morning and found this:
I look inside the car and see this:
So, I had to run upstairs and wake up Ferenc and have him deal with it so I could still be to training on time. I can tell it was someone inexperienced because they completely ruined that whole part of the dash. My air vents were on the floor, along with my emergency light button and defogger button, and tons of little pieces of plastic dashboard. My blinkers don't work now. I'm assuming that has something to do with the broken emergency light fuse, but I don't really know. And I had to pay almost 200 dollars to get a new window after training.
On another note, training was interesting today. I'll be in an investigative unit and assigned to basically shadow a case worker. After child abuse accusations have been brought up and investigated to a certain point, we go to the house and identify as CPS and go in and decide from there if we're taking the kids out. If we do, then we take them right then. Then we set up the first parental visit and start preparing the court case. So, if that doesn't sound sad enough, today they told us horror stories about case workers and aides and others who have gone into houses and caught bugs. There were stories of bringing bed bugs into their own homes on accident, and getting lice, and fleas and tics and stuff just from being in the home for a half hour. Gross. What am I getting myself into again?
4 comments:
Oh no that stinks!!! :(
Your internship sounds very interesting though. I wanna hear more how it goes!
Katie!! I am so sorry, that is horrible that your car got broken into!
The internship sounds like it will be anything but boring!! It sounds like something I can see you doing. Now remember, rinse, lather, repeat....that's for the bugs part. haha...bad joke.
Your internship sounds awesome! I mean not the sad children part but the learning and experience part! Let me know how it goes! And sorry about your car. I think you would feel less sad if you took a trip to Hawaii to see me :]
Bummer about the car. And the chance of catching bugs. At least you can feel good about getting children out of those horrible situations.
Post a Comment