Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Class

But since today's lecture is on how each state has it's own constitution, i think I'll blog instead of take notes. The first week of class is always so lame.

The weekend before school started Ferenc and I went to Hutch's pools in Sabino Canyon. It's a four-mile hike, and then you get to a big cliff jumping place. It's one of my favorite places to cliff jump, but one of my least favorite hike. The first two miles is all switchbacks, and when it's 100 degrees out, switchbacks pretty much make you want to die. The second half of the hike is mostly uphill as well, but a lot of it is shaded, and you actually feel like you're getting some where.

Ferenc, Me, JJ's girlfriend Amanda, JJ, Bryan, and JJ's BFF Josh with Dad taking the picture

This is about forty minutes into the hike. Amanda never went backpacking before so we traded packs at this point. I just had a regular backpack because Ferenc decided we would buy one new pack and he would carry it with all the big stuff and I would carry all the small stuff, because the real packs are so expensive. Anyway, Amanda packed too much stuff, and she didn't realize how much it would bring her down, so I traded with her so she could make the rest of the hike.

Almost done!


Ferenc and I only have one tent that's good for backpacking. One of the poles broke on a previous camping trip, but we didn't want to buy a new tent. We weren't going to bring a tent, but the forecast said it was going to rain. We bought a new pole, but it ended up being too small. So we just bought some duct tape.


It's supposed to be round, but it held up all night. And it didn't even rain overnight, just in the day. Lame.


I've been cliff jumping A LOT, and I've never really had a bad jump. This trip I did. I jumped into the water, and then climbed up a different cliff to get to a higher spot. The higher spot was on the top of a little slope, so you have to jump out five or six feet over the sloped part of the cliff and then you're clear to hit the water. I was a little nervous because there's no room behind you to run and jump. And my dad was behind me so I had even less room to get some momentum. So, I decided to just take a step and then push off. But, I stepped too far and actually slipped off the sloped part of the cliff, and landed sideways in the water.




The redness was the immediate reaction to the fall. And it was red all day, but I thought that it would just stay red. But the next morning I woke up with this:




As the day went on, the bruise grew about twice that size and a lot more blue but I didn't take anymore pictures. Right now it's still bruised and sore, but it's going away. I also separated some of the muscles between my ribs on the side I fell on. And I'm SUPER sore! It hurts to breathe, jump, lay down, sneeze...so basically it's always hurting. Google told me it would heal in two weeks to a month, so hopefully it won't last long. But it was only my second jump of the day, and I didn't want to miss out on the fun, so I didn't stop jumping over the next two days. I just made sure I was paying attention to what I was doing.


This is my dad diving off the spot I fell off of. It's his signature swan dive, and I didn't take the picture at the right time, right after this he had much better form. You gotta love him. He's almost 50, and is still gonna be doing this for years. He's awesome!

and you can't forget about the after picture

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch! did you cry? - katie

Katie and Ferenc said...

haha, do i ever cry? just kidding! but really, no i didn't cry. lol.