Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Drill Weekend

Ferenc is still in the Reserves (and by still I mean for the next 4 years) so we spend one weekend a month in Phoenix where his unit is based out of. This was all fine and good when my parents still lived there. Now that they have moved, I do not enjoy it as much. It's not that I ...don't enjoy... spending the weekend with my in-laws. Well, to be honest, most of the time I don't enjoy it. There's a twin sized bed we share, or the wood floor, and the dog that is treated better than a baby, a sister-in-law who is okay until the world stops revolving around her for a few seconds, the mother-in-law's boyfriend who I cannot stand, plus I can't do my homework because there is no access to internet. Which means that when we get to Tucson at 9:00pm or later Sunday night, I'm up all night finishing a whole weekend of assignments. ugh.


BUT I'll stop the ranting (someone remind me about this post if i ever give my in-laws this web address, yes?) and start talking about how fun this past weekend was! Ashley and Olivia picked me up and took me to Bookman's to look for books. I actually resisted buying any which is a really good accomplishment when it comes to me and used books. We went to Target, then Ashley left us for a little while, so Olivia and I went to SmashBurger for lunch. (If you live in Tempe, go there!) and then we went to Serena's and played there for a little while. I got a much needed trim, thanks so much! We went to Tempe Marketplace and bought all of our HARRY POTTER tickets in advance! We visited Olivia's house for a second and then we were off. After a brief stop at Fascinations (don't ask), and then we made it to the fair! so much fun!


From the Ferris Wheel


Remind me to skip the water ride next time. Hello see-through white shirt.


Giant, stinky pig.
Favorite Ride!

I think I'll just make Saturday of drill weekend a girl's day every time. Loved it!

1 comment:

Ashley Baum said...

Good thing you had those holy chonies on. It could have been much worse. lol.