Friday, September 18, 2009

21!

Two of my friends and I have birthdays within a month of each other and mine is the last one. Ashley and Olivia were planning a trip to Vegas for their 21st's and invited me along. At first they were going before my 21st so I wasn't going to go. Then they changed their plans to the weekend of my birthday, but I still wasn't going to go because I didn't want to pay for the plane ticket. Ashley's mom was supposed to go but she ended up having to work, so she offered me her plane ticket for free! I didn't even have to pay for the name change or anything! Ferenc had to be in Vegas that same weekend for drill so I was glad to not have to spend my birthday without him in tucson, but we never actually saw each other in Vegas! We both just did our own things. Ferenc was excited to see some of the guys he hasn't seen since deployment and we both were busy with friends. We both left on the 11th and came back on the 13th and I had a blast!


we stayed at the flamingo hilton, and the bathroom walls were all see through so we made silhouettes for a while.

it kept us really entertained...


we were walking around waiting for it to be midnight so I could gamble and we found this picture with autographs of all the main characters of HP. it was $1600, but we're all Harry Potter nerds so we had to take a picture of it.


Getting ready for midnight!




and speaking of Harry Potter nerds, Olivia bought all of us Harry Potter wands for birthday presents. We took a whole series of Hp photos, and believe it or not, this is the least embarrassing.




they made me wear this birthday hat from midnight to midnight! We're cashing out our money for the night. This was my good night, I ended up with more money than I started with. I set a certain amount of money for playing the machines, and I'm happy to say I stayed below that certain amount.



there was this random lion habitat in one of the hotels. i liked it.





we're waiting in line for the roller coaster in the new york, new york.



we got in trouble for having a camera and the guy was super rude to me. I tried explaining that all my stuff was already in a locker downstairs so I didn't have any quarters to put my camera in another locker. He didn't let me keep it in my pocket but he told me I could go downstairs and put it away and come back up without having to pay for the ride again. So I went downstairs, but I wasn't about to unlock the locker and pay another 75 cents to lock it again, so I just put the camera in my pants for a bit. He checked my pockets when I cam back up but didn't find anything :]



and then we took pictures while on the roller coaster








in the paris, they have huge eiffel tower shaped drinks! i've never been to france, but I do love speaking french, and ashley lived in france for a while, we had to get them! the bar guy looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if he could make my strawberry daiquiri a virgin one, but he did grant my request. I guess not a lot of people ask for virgin drinks on their 21st birthday in Vegas...



the second night of gambling...not so good. my sad face is on because I kept losing!



we tried out the blackjack tables. i did okay at first, but when we went back I lost the most! even though I had four blackjacks in five hands at one point, I still lost...


then we went to thunder from down under! don't judge me, but it's a male strip club! haha! But it's a choreographed show. It's mostly just the guys dancing and at the end of the dance they have only a small amount of clothes on! It was awesome! I was wearing the birthday hat in there, so I got a little special treat :] bahaha


someone told us we were going to need $1s so we stocked up and took pictures with them, but it was not that kind of show! we got to keep our money!


still waiting in line. they told us we needed to be there an hour early. that was a lie.



we ended up spending the money we saved on $1s on this picture! they were quite attractive and they are all really from australia so their accent is attractive too!



after thunder, we went to the Christian Audigier club. The guy who owns ed hardy own the club. The cover charge was a $300 bottle of liquor, but Ashley's cousin is a bouncer so he got us in for free! He escorted us to the bar and told the bartender that we were related so he gave us free drinks! Then he escorted us to the VIP section, which costs $100 bottle liquor per person, and told the bouncer there to let us in too! I had a lot of free cokes and the girls had a lot of free shots! I loved being treated like celebrities! Someone even asked us how we got in there with no alcohol! Oh, the man in the picture is Ashley's uncle. The dad of the bouncer cousin.

After the club, we went back and gambled a little bit. We got back to our room at 5:00 am and woke up at eight to be back at the airport in time for our flight! Trips to Vegas are great!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Wow, I'm amazed you got THAT many pictures in Vegas inside the casinos. They are usually pretty strict on that.

Looks like you had a blast. Next time take me with you (except I WON'T be having the virgin daquiri!)