Tuesday, January 25, 2011
This semester
This semester I started my Speech and Hearing prerequisites for grad school. I'm taking Phonetics, Acoustics, Anatomy & Physiology of the Speech Mechanism, The World of Sound, and a philosophy class. These classes are much different from my Family Studies and Human Development classes. They're real science classes. And in Acoustics we actually do math (which, oddly enough, is my favorite subject even though i picked a major where it is non-existent).
I feel like my brain is rejuvenated! I'm learning, I get to do real homework instead of just papers and papers and papers. (Last semester I wrote over 30 papers. One of them was 15+ pages, single spaced). And I am liking it.
Not to bag on my FSHD major, because I really do LOVE studying everything about it, but I'm finally using my brain again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment