I randomly got a job in Sitka, AK for the rest of the summer! We have a family friend in Payson that my parents visited on their way to Show Low. Her sister lives with her and works as a skipper on a boat for four months out of the year. She was a couple crewmen short, so she asked my parents if they thought I would like to go and they pretty much volunteered me right then. I'll be living and working on a salmon fishing boat. The boat goes to land every eight or nine days. I'm pretty excited about it, but am going to miss being able to talk to Ferenc weekly. But it's only six weeks so I'm pretty sure we'll both survive. And he'll appreciate the monetary contribution once we're married :] Anyway, I leave the seventh and I'll be back around the 20th of August, and then I'll be heading back down to Tucson because school starts on the 25th.
See Ya!

3 comments:
Wow! So brave. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
What an adventure. Don't watch "The Perfect Storm" before you leave. :) I love the pictures of you and your roommates - it looks like you are having a wonderful college experience.
hey katie i just saw your blog and was a mazed at what a wonderful person you are! i love your testimony and i am glad to hear how wonderful you are doing. if you'd like to see my blog email me at karebearjones84@aol.com and i'll invite you to my blog. i'm gonna add you to mine if thats ok.
kari whiting (jones)
Post a Comment